Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WHATCHADOIN WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE #16

This Wednesday challenge at SUInk was to make a Christmas card using non tradional Christmas colors. I love purples so I just had to use purple in my card and this is what I came up with for this weeks Whatchadoin Wednesday Challenge

I started with purple card stock and found the patterned paper by Creative Memories and cut it into strips. I inked around the edges using Pearlescent Purple Brilliance. I cut out my ovel and stamped the trees on it from SUInk Santa's Little Helpers. I colored the trees in using my Copic markers. The Happy Holidays is from SUInks Holiday Sentiment set. Its stamped with Versa Magic Pink Petunia and I inked the edge of the ovel with it also. The Flower Rain Drops are from Fiskers and I added Heidi Swapp Bling to the card. I really liked how it turned out. To me its still very Christmasie with out the red and green.

Supplies
Stamps: SUInk Santa's Little Helpers
Paper: Bazzill and Creative Memories
Ink: Ranger Pitch Black, Tsukineko Brilliance Peralescent Purple and Versa Magic Pink Petunia
Extras: Friskers Flower Drops and Heidi Swapp Bling

1 comment:

MJ said...

This is great! What wonderful colors for Christmas. Thanks so much for playing along. Sorry it took so long for me to make it over here. Happy New Year!